Detailed Project Description:
Remediate various locations on the Community lands that were impacted from construction waste contaminated with asbestos and removal of domestic waste.
The works involved the following:
- Construction of a 13,000m3 containment cell
- Removal of 800m3 of domestic waste offsite
- Sort through the stockpiles to remove metal for recycling and clean rocks for reuse onsite
- Emu pick and remove asbestos impacted soils at various locations across the site over an area of 6ha.
- Placing all waste materials 10,000M3 into the containment cell and compact in layers
- Cap the containment cell with geotextile and clean soil capping layer
Erect fencing around containment cell
- Levelling, clearing of site
- Spreading topsoil across the site
- Remove steel offsite
Works were undertaken using the following resources;
- Excavation and remediation machinery included; 3 x excavators, Rockbreaker, 14t Padfoot roller, Skid Steer, 2 x Moxy’s, Semi tippers, Front End Loader and 2 x Water Cart.