Detailed Project Description:
Remove existing miniature railway line to enable the remediation of over 2ha of asbestos impacted tailings within the soil. An onsite containment cell was constructed and over 5000m3 was capped and contained enabling the subdivision of the property.
The works involved the following;
- Disconnection, removal and reinstatement of miniature railway line
- Containment of asbestos impacted soil with geo textile and sand capping then reseeding
- Construction of a 5,000m3 capacity containment cell that is now a carpark
- Excavation, Placement and capping of approximately 5,000m3 of friable asbestos impacted soil in the containment cell
- Emu pick and remove asbestos impacted soils at various locations across the site.
- Reinstatement of landscaping to impacted areas
Works were undertaken using the following resources;
- Excavation and remediation machinery included; Caterpillar 320DL excavator, Roller, Rockbreaker, 4t tip truck, Skid Steer loaders, Semi tippers, Moxies, Front End Loader and Water Cart.