Detailed Project Description:
Remediate various locations on the Community lands that were impacted from construction waste contaminated with asbestos and removal of domestic waste.. The works involved the following;
- Construction of 3 containment cells to hold an estimated 20,000m3
- Sort through the stockpiles to remove metal for recycling and clean rocks for reuse onsite
- Emu pick and remove asbestos impacted soils at various locations across the sites over an area of3ha.
- Placing all waste materials 20,000M3 into the containment cells and compact in layers
- Cap the containment cells with geotextile and clean soil capping layer
- Erect fencing around containment cells
- Levelling, clearing of site
- Spreading topsoil across the sites
- Remove steel offsite
Works were undertaken using the following resources;
- Excavation and remediation machinery included; 2 x excavators, Rockbreaker, 14t Padfoot roller, Skid Steer, Moxy, Semi tippers, Front End Loader and Water Cart.